Thursday, December 24, 2009

DOING MY HOSPITAL ROUNDS

I was just recently hired by a tertiary level hospital here in the city. I was told by the medical director that I have to start next year as one of the resident doctors of the hospital. Aside from the hospital, I also hold clinic nearby. The schedule was fine for me since I have the entire month of December to do the things I like to do and at the same time, I can attend to the patients in the my clinic to tell them that medical clinic hours will be change since I will be doing hospital rounds.

But just this morning, I got a call from the hospital director that my duty would start tonight, Christmas eve. The hospital expected that there will be a lot of patients with powder burns because of pyrotechnic materials. Starting this eve, I have to be in the hospital for these patients. I guess I will be celebrating my Christmas celebration with nurses and hospital staffs. I will be doing the hospital rounds immediately arriving in the hospital building.

As medical doctors, we vowed to save lives and we don't select the time in doing this. I will be assigned in the emergency room. That I expect more patients admitted for this season.