Saturday, December 4, 2010

WHEN MEDICAL DUTY CALLS

This month, I was assigned to do the rounds in the hospital as a resident pediatrician for a government hospital. As a roving doctor in the hospital, I was required by the medical director to wear the appropriate nursing uniform or scrub while I am doing my rounds. My colleagues in the medical profession are already wearing their scrubs uniforms while working in the hospital.

I know the wearing a scrub in the hospital is very ideal and it also serves as a uniform for medical practitioners while on duty in the hospital. I was looking for my male nursing scrub because I had these when I worked in the hospital before. My lab coat is also needed right now. It is my first day in the hospital and I need to do what is right when medical duty calls.