Friday, September 26, 2008

HEART MATTERS MOST

I belong to a big family and every Sunday we always make sure the we see each other. It is like a reunion but it happens every Sunday. To make the Sunday reunion a special and memorable one, every family would bring food. When the entire clan is complete in attendance, we are now ready for a feast. This what we always do and I enjoy it.

Every year, I observed that one of our family member would end up 6 feet below the ground. That is why our grandfather decided to have a thorough medical examination to all, especially those who are feeling chest pains and other unhealthy signs in their health. After the medical examination, I was shocked to find out that many of my uncles and aunties are experiencing Acute Coronary Syndrome. Aside from that, Hypertension is highlighted in the report. Many of my relative have poor Heart Conditions and it is definitely alarming. I cannot deny the fact that many of my relative that passed away were all candidate of stoke or cardiac arrest.

After the report was disclosed last Sunday, it was unanimously decided that we must be careful in what we eat. Avoid fatty and food that can cause high blood pressure. Drinking of hard liquor was also removed from the Sunday event. The result of the medical examination was an eye opener for all of us. Now, we are more conscious about our health unlike before. It is better to attend reunions rather than funerals.